This grant has closed for now.
The Queensland Government's Business Basics Grants Program opened at 9:30AM on 31 May and closed by 12:40PM the same day. 3000 applications were submitted in just over three hours! Business grants fill up quickly, and it's important to act as soon as possible for a chance.
What can I do to be ready for next time?
- Subscribe to our emails – we'll notify you when the next grant is available. Just visit our ask page and leave your details.
- Contact us – we can help you prepare for the next round so you can get in as quickly as possible. Use our contact form and let us know that you're interested in the next round of business grants.
$5,000 boost for QLD small businesses!
Don’t miss out on $5k for your small business!
The Queensland Government is offering a special $5,000 marketing grant for small businesses.
This is an excellent opportunity to get the website your business requires, or to update your old one. Maybe you already have a website, but it needs more content, or a good dose of SEO.
Some small businesses are ready to take the next big step, and require a strategic marketing plan or training and coaching to get them there. This is your big opportunity.
To qualify for business funding, you need to meet their eligibility criteria. Your business must:
- have fewer than 20 employees at the time of applying for the small business grant
- have an active Australian Business Number (ABN) and be registered for GST
- have a Queensland headquarters
- have a turnover of $300,000 or less for the current financial year
- not be insolvent or have owners/directors that are an undischarged bankrupt.
What you can do with the grants for small business:
- Strategic marketing plan
- Strategic digital plan including Google search and content advice
Website build or upgrades
- New website build
- Refresh or upgrade existing website
- Add e-commerce to your website
- Develop new website content (words, resources, photos or videos)
Training and coaching
- Marketing and business development coaching
- Customer service and communications training
Professional business advice
- Business plan
Business continuity and succession
- Develop your brand for sale or succession
- Website and cybersafety training and services
And, what you can’t do with the small business marketing grant:
- activities bought using cryptocurrencies, barter, or services in-kind
- general business operating costs (e.g.: bookkeeping or accounting, tax returns)
- real estate/property, hire, lease, or rental fees
- goods, services, or fees from related parties (include companies with common shareholdings or directors, employees or immediate family)
- computer hardware (e.g.: computer servers, PCs, tablets/iPads, mobile phones)
- delivery, credit card and transaction fees
- memberships and joining fees
- website hosting
- advertising campaigns (e.g.: Google AdWords, Facebook advertising or similar).
To learn more about the Queensland Government’s Business Basics grants program, and see full requirements please visit them here.
Application & next steps
Applications open 31 May and close 30 June 2021 or earlier based on number of applicants.
Step 1: Select which marketing services you need most, and we’ll provide the quote you need to attach to your Queensland Government grant application. Vividus has grant marketing packages starting from $5,000 (so you only pay GST) including:
- Marketing strategy
- New website
- Website renovation
- eCommerce upgrade
- Google search engine optimisation (SEO)
- Coaching & training (phone and customer service, social media posting, blog writing...)
- Or contact us for bespoke services
Step 2: Download our grant guide for help with answering questions in the application form.
Step 3: Complete your online application form, attach the supporting documents and submit.
(See a preview of the form on the Business Queensland website)
Contact Vividus today for more information and quotes on developing marketing plans, website builds or upgrades, content creation and SEO, e-commerce, or training.
Tel: 07 3482 4262