Funding and what it can be used for
Matching funding of up to $10,000 (excluding GST) may be provided to eligible businesses for the purchase of hardware, software and services (such as digital coaching). The business must show that the digital technology or service purchased and adopted will enhance the digital capabilities of their business and help them to be more competitive and employ more staff.
Payment will be made directly to the business on completion of the project and on presentation of proof of payment for the product or service. The value of the grant payment will be increased to compensate for any GST.
The digital technology or service must fall under one of four identified priority areas:
- content development (web pages, mobile apps, visual and audio media etc.)
- receiving payments or selling online
- specialised digital technology or software (business specific)
- digital planning, marketing strategy development, and training.
The participating business must provide a project report on completion of the project detailing how the funds were spent and the impact it has had on the business.
Only 1 application per year will be accepted from an individual ABN or business address.
To be eligible the business must:
- have fewer than 20 employees at the time of applying for the grant
- have an Australian Business Number (ABN) and be registered for GST
- be based in Queensland
- have a turnover of $2 million or less in the last 12 calendar months
- declare if any owners or directors of the business are an undischarged bankrupt or insolvent.
Who should apply?
All Queensland-based small businesses can apply. The business must show that the digital technology or service purchased will enhance the digital capabilities of the business and help them to be more competitive.
LET’S GET STARTED
Round 2 opens on 8 March 2017.
Further rounds will open in June and November 2017.
Businesses will be surveyed 12 months after the completion of the project.