Does your business have a robust digital strategy to outperform your competitors? If not, you probably aren’t getting the most out of your online marketing. Your digital strategy and assets are vital in today’s market and if you don’t keep up, you will be left behind. Let’s take a look at what you need to know to maximise your digital plan and start reaping the rewards.
What are Digital Assets?
Digital assets are items you can use and control to promote your brand and business in an online environment to increase your digital presence. When we talk about digital assets, think about items such as your images, videos and content on your website, your social media pages and your email campaigns. Your digital strategy needs to be an integral part of your overall marketing strategy. For a business to succeed in today’s marketplace, it is imperative that you have a strong digital strategy that targets your intended market. The management of your digital assets and the strategies you employ are an ideal way to directly target certain markets and improve your online presence – thereby generating new customers.
Why are digital assets continuing to grow in favour?
With technology continually evolving, so do the behaviours of consumers. As a result we have seen how traditional forms of advertising continue to decline and watched digital advertising and promotion grow from strength to strength. Some reasons for this include an increase in the way we access information, news and entertainment, increased activity on digital devices and the affordability of digital marketing, which allow any sized business with any size budget to target specific markets effectively.
We need to be able to adapt quickly to new technologies and how target audiences are receiving and digesting information. Just having a website is no longer enough to engage your audience and convert them to new customers. It is now important to consider implementing a complete digital plan that works across multiple channels. Your customers can access and search for your business using various methods including a desktop computer, mobile device, call you on the phone, visit you or they can reach you via social media.
With this in mind, it is important that you create an experience that seamlessly connects to your audience at every communication touch point. Greater integration between your digital assets i.e. website, newsletter, social media, internal portals and any offline activities will therefore help you deliver a cohesive and more engaging customer experience.
What do you do now?
When deciding on your digital strategy, there are many choices available and it may seem a little overwhelming. We recommend that you start with the basics, build a professional, functional and easy to use website and develop your online presence (or update your existing one). From here the possibilities are endless, including social media sites, website blogs, email campaigns, YouTube videos and various types of online advertising.
Your biggest and most important digital asset is your website. You have complete control over the content on your website such as your images, copywriting, videos and your blog. If you don’t have a blog on your website, get one! A blog is a great way to inform and educate your customers of new products or services, new innovations in your industry and trends. The quality of the content on your website is important for search results and this helps with your business being found online or your organic search results. Let’s face it, we all want our website on the first page of Google.
At Vividus Marketing, we recommend a professional online plan to raise awareness of your business, drive traffic to your website and engage with prospective customers.
A strong digital strategy should consist of the following elements,
- Website – Build a functional, professional and easy to navigate website. Include a blog on your site to update and inform your customers of any news in your industry, and consider inbuilt functionality to streamline office processes and make the customer experience better.
- Search Engine Optimisation – (SEO) Your website needs to include high quality, relevant content about your business and services. A number of SEO techniques such as high quality content, keyword research, page titles and specific visitor goals can all help with your online presence. Keep this up to date and integrate it with a website measurement tool such as Google Analytics. The quality of your content will improve your chances of being found online.
These two really go hand in hand. When you have strong quality content and relevant keywords on your website, your organic search results tend to improve. There is no point in having a website if people can’t find it.
- Mobile responsiveness – If your website is difficult to read and involves the need to increase the size or scroll like crazy on their mobile devices, the chances are prospective customers won’t make an enquiry. Make sure your website is optimised for mobile devices and creates a pleasant user experience.
- Social media – You need an audience! Development of Social Media platforms will grow your online audience, and assist with online marketing. Social Media allows you to speak directly with your customer base to provide valuable information and build trust by developing a ‘human’ side to your digital presence. You can also create highly targeted advertising campaigns on social media to increase your audience.
- Online Advertising – Consider using various online advertising streams to increase your brand awareness. Common online advertising strategies such as Google AdWords and social media advertising allow you to target specific demographics and set your budget to suit your business. Online advertising is a highly effective way to add impact to your business and brand.
- Nurturing your leads – You have the digital strategy in place, your brand is visible to the market place, so what now? It’s all about lead nurturing, you will need a robust system which will nurture and progress those enquiries into genuine leads. Your digital strategies need to engage your customers so they will take the next step and make a purchase, or book an appointment. Have clear ‘call to action’ strategies built in to your digital platforms and make it easy for the customer to take that next step.
Digital marketing is becoming more complex, as we develop new ways of effectively reaching clients and driving revenues online. Your digital marketing strategy and assets are essential in driving business success. Contact Vividus today on firstname.lastname@example.org or 07 3482 4262 if you would like to review your business’ digital marketing to increase new clients and revenue.