Welcome to Google+ Local, the new technology that enables consumers to look for what they want, when they want it and now where they want. Google has revolutionised the way we search for everything which has created a new challenge for businesses, how do you ensure you are found first when customers are looking in your area? Here are a few tips on why and how you need to use Google+ Local.
Google+ Local, formally known as Google Places, has integrated Google Places old tried and tested technology with all the new bells and whistles of Google+.
Google+ Local now enables its users to:
- Reduce multiple social media pages to one Google+ business page, which incorporates messaging from clients to businesses and enables businesses to update statuses.
- A new evaluation system allows businesses to receive reviews – which are great for promotional activities! It also breaks the overall rating into individual element ratings enabling identification of specific areas of the business that need improvement.
- One Google+ business page connects you to four different search engines.
- Customers can be directed to you from recommendations from friends/family/colleagues.
If all of the above sounds great but think it would involve too much technical knowhow, do not be disheartened, setting up an account for your business could not be easier! Here are a few key steps to follow when setting up your business?s Google+ page (automatically linked with Google+ Local):
- Go to www.gmail.com and follow the instructions to create a Gmail account.
- Create your Google+ business page by going to http://plus.google.com/pages/create and follow the prompts.
- Customise your profile by adding pictures and information about your business.
- Start sharing!
Google+ is simply another form of social media so ensure that you follow the same policies and guidelines as you would for Facebook and ensure your page is active and full of valuable content.